Product Review: Burt’s Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm with Kokum Butter

Monday, May 30, 2016


Hello there! It's my second blog post for today and I cannot imagine how many backlogs are on my draft so I wanted to lessen them before this month ends. Thankfully I have a lot of free time today. Let' start.

I have sensitive lips and this is one of the main reasons why I am being picky about which products should I put on them. The last time my lips suffered from extremely dry and swollen was when I used the lipstick from a specific brand that I bought from an online seller. I think the chemical ingredients of the said product are too strong on my lips though. Regardless of what happened, I am pleased to forgive myself because I found out that Burt's Bees added a new collection to their popular lip balms which use a selection of skin-loving ingredients.

Another successful purchase from Sample Room is this Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm and this time it is with Kokum Butter - traditionally used in India as a balm for dry, cracked, rough, and calloused skin, which is rich also in essential fatty acids. Exciting and enticingly exotic, it has plenty of Vitamin E. Truly enlightening indeed it has plenty of Vitamin E.


This ultra-conditioning balm is very nice. I've used this product for extreme cracks, and the usual everyday lip balm. It seems that the product is doing the job well. I do have to apply more than once every 4 hours, but it's certainly made a difference and is working well at repairing the skin on my lips. Its all-natural ingredients are always a plus and this particular lip balm uses less wax than the normal products. Another thing is it's hypoallergenic and clinically tested so it's safe for people with super sensitive skin. Its consistency is slightly thick but does not make my lips feel gooey and sticky.

Other ingredients: cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed wax, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, olus (vegetable oil, huile vegetale)cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), sclerocarya birrea seed oil, soybean glycerides, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, garcinia indica seed butter*, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) unsaponifiables, cymbopogon martini oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil, salvia sclarea (clary) oil, tocopherol, myroxylon pereirae (balsam peru) oil, vanilla planifolia fruit extract illicium verum (anise) fruit/seed oil, cananga odorata flower oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, citric acid, geraniol, linalool, benzyl benzoate. *Kokum Butter

Overall, Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm is an awesome product at a great price. It's now a staple in my skincare arsenal.

Hope you find this review helpful. Burt's Bees products are available locally and internationally.

Visit their website and social media accounts for more information about this product and others. Burt's Bees is also available at Purebeauty, Beauty Bar, Rustan's, and Zalora.

DISCLAIMER
This is not a sponsored review.
This product is bought with my own money.
I am not paid to do this review, and neither I am affiliated with the company

1 comment

  1. The product looks good. I also have a problem with dry lips and have been changing lip balm ever since. I think this is a good product to try. =)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Nix © . Design by Berenica Designs.